Please confirm the following to find out if the online filing is right for you:
If you answered NO to all the questions above, you are ready to file your report online.
* Make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report *
If you answered YES to any of the questions, you cannot use this system to file a report online.
Please see our Online Reporting FAQ
page to determine your options.
After Filing Online
Upon completion of our Online Reporting System process you will see:
- "Your report has been submitted" showing that your report is complete.
- You will be given a temporary case number.
- Once the report has been reviewed by our officers, an approved permanent report
number will be emailed to you
Review time will vary based on case load and the availability of Officers. It usually takes
between 2-3 business days. Upon review, you may be contacted if further investigation of your
case is needed. If a report is rejected during our online review process, you will receive
an email detailing the reason for the rejection. Once approved, your report will become a
public record under the State of Louisiana Law.
By clicking this checkbox you are in agreement that you understand all the statements above and
that your report meets the online reporting guidelines.
* Filing a false police report is a crime and will be prosecuted *
If you close this window, you will have to start over.